New generation high-performance asphalt based shale inhibitor specifically designed to provide enhanced wellbore stability in sensitive shale formations.
STABILITE® II is used for maintaining the integrity of the formations of the well during drilling operations. It is a versatile agent used to form an impermeable seal on the wellbore wall, inhibits filtrate invasion and prevents pore-pressure transmission (PPT). It plugs pore and micro-fractures, stabilizes wellbore wall and decreases the differential sticking tendency.
- improves formation integrity
- plugs pores and micro-fractures
- forms an impermeable seal, prevents fluid and filtrate invasion
- lowers API and HTHP fluid loss
- stabilizes rheological properties at high temperatures, prevents gelation
- improves lubricity
- acts both chemically and physically
- large particle size distribution – ensures thorough pore plugging
- strong anionic nature to satisfy ionic charges on exposed shale particles, both wellbore and cuttings
2-7 ppb (5-20 kg/m3). Please refer to the product brochure for additional information.
Improved wellbore stability, higher drilling rate, lower number of trips, reduced time for backreaming, logging and running casing, quality cement jobs
Dark brown to black powder
Please refer to the MSDS for specific instructions
STABILITE®II shale inhibitor is packaged in 50lbs (22.68 kg) bags