TANATIN® is a versatile tannin based additive for drilling mud fluid loss and viscosity control.
Due to its high anionic charge acts as a deflocculant, neutralizes excessive positive charges on the clay particles, destroys clay aggregates.
4-5 times more effective than lignosulfonates. Ideal to treat cement contamination of the drilling fluid.
Can be used in cementing fluids as a retarder.
- decreases drilling mud viscosity while maintaining adequate gel structure
- promotes high temperature fluid loss control by clay particles deflocculation
- ideal in treating cement, anhydrite, acid gases contamination of the drilling the mud
- 4-5 times more effective than lignosulfonates
- does not contain chrome, can be used in environmentally sensitive areas
- high thermal stability (up to 200C)
- does not require caustic soda for activation
- 3-10 kg/m3 in dispersed non-inhibitive muds
- 1-7 kg/m3 to treat mud contamination
- 1-5 to treat mud prior to cement job
Free flowing brown powder
Please refer to the MSDS for specific instructions
TANATIN® mud thinner is packaged in 50lbs (22,7 kg) bags