TERMAVIS®OBM is a versatile amine-treated bentonite oil-based drilling fluids viscosifier and gelling agent.
It is specifically designed to yield the optimal performance to improve carrying capacity, suspension and filtration properties.
Long-term suspension of weighting agents and cuttings as well as good filtercake formation and filtration control properties make TERMAVIS®OBM the additive of choice in any type of invert-emulsion drilling fluids.
- provides initial gel structure and viscosity in OBM for weight materials and cuttings suspension
- improves hole-cleaning capacity of the oil-based drilling fluids
- improves filter-cake quality and mud filtration properties
- high temperature stability – up to 177C (350F)
- cost effective and proven gelling material
- can be used with any type of base fluid (crude, diesel or mineral oil)
Typical concentrations range from 2 to 10 ppb (5.6-28 kg/m3) depending on the base fluid and system requirements.
Avoid overtreatment of the mud system with TERMAVIS®OBM as it might take some time (1-2 well cycles) to fully yield under the wellbore temperature and shear conditions.
Fine tan powder
Please refer to the MSDS for specific instructions
TERMAVIS®OBM organoclay is packaged in 55lbs (25 kg) bags