Versatile dry powder humate-borosilicate blend - WBM shale inhibitor, fluid loss control agent, mild mud thinner
SHALE-X®DP is a high-performance humate-borosilicate blend – shale inhibitor for water-based muds.
Acts by a synergistic interaction between the blend components – borates, humates and silicates blended at an optimum ratio.
While dissolved in water, immediately forms three-dimensional spatial structures on the active clay particles surfaces to form chemical “associates” to minimize their hydration and dispersion.
SHALE-X®DP particles dissolved in a mud filtrate react with the pore fluids cations to form a rubbery matter to seal-off pore-throats and micro-fractures.
It also acts by increasing the filtrate viscosity thus preventing it from shale matrix invasion.
SHALE-X®DP provides an outstanding wellbore stability even in sloughing shales sections.
Aids in bit-balling prevention (positive clay particles repulsion mechanism).
· seals-off pores and microfractures
· forms an impenetrable barrier on the wellbore wall, prevents pore-pressure transmission
· lowers API and HTHP fluid loss
· prevents solids build-up, stabilizes YP and Gels
· adds mild mud thinning effect, lowers thixotropic coefficient
· promotes wellbore stability
· triple inhibition action – chemical and physical sealing
· works well in freshwater and high saline environment
· due to its anionic nature is compatible with the most known mud additives
3-10 kg/m3 (8,4-28 ppb). The product is normally added through the mud hopper. Pilot testing is recommended.
Free-flowing brown to black powder
Please refer to the MSDS for specific instructions
SHALE-X®DP is packaged in 55lbs (25 kg) bags