CLOTONEX® filtration control agent is a modified lignitic product used for filtration control in invert emulsion drilling fluid systems (organophillic lignite).
CLOTONEX® filtration control agent can effectively control and reduce HTHP Filtrate at temperatures up to 200°C. Can be used independently or in conjunction with asphalt-based STABILITE® OBM fluid loss control agent.
- lowers HTHP fluid loss in invert emulsion drilling fluids
- helps control shale stability
- promotes overall emulsion stability
- high temperature stability
- can be used in all types of oil based muds
2-20 ppb (5.7-57.1 kg/m3) depending on the desired fluid loss properties
Total well cost is normally lower due to the high performance and versatility of the product
Gray to black powder
Please refer to the MSDS for specific instructions
CLOTONEX® is packaged in 50lb. (22.68 kg) bags