WELLTREAT® OBM additive is an organic surfactant based on resinic acid. Used to change wettability characteristics of the solids in OBM from water-wet to oil-wet. Prevents cutting conglomeration, stabilizes rheological properties and improves emulsion stability.
- changes solids wettability from water-wet to oil-wet
- prevents solids and cutting from conglomeration and settling
- stabilizes flow properties of the drilling fluid especially if the mud weight is high
- prevents water to appear in HTHP filtrate
- acts as a secondary emulsifier – improves overall emulsion stability
- dilution volumes get lower due to the lower solids build-up
- prevents shaker screens blinding by the solids
- easily mixes in the drilling fluid at any temperature
- high thermal stability – up to 200С
Recommended concentration – 2-4 ppb (5.6-11.2 kg/m3). It is recommended to run a pilot test.
Dark brown viscous liquid
Please refer to the MSDS for specific instructions
WELLTREAT® wetting agent is packaged in 200 l drums or IBCs