TANATIN® is a versatile tannin based additive for drilling mud fluid loss and viscosity control.
Due to its high anionic charge acts as a deflocculant, neutralizes excessive positive charges on the clay particles, destroys clay aggregates.
4-5 times more effective than lignosulfonates. Ideal to treat cement contamination of the drilling fluid.
Can be used in cementing fluids as a retarder.
• decreases drilling mud viscosity while maintaining adequate gel structure
• promotes high temperature fluid loss control by clay particles deflocculation
• ideal in treating cement, anhydrite, acid gases contamination of the drilling the mud
• 4-5 times more effective than lignosulfonates
• does not contain chrome, can be used in environmentally sensitive areas
• high thermal stability (up to 200C)
• does not require caustic soda for activation
- 3-10 kg/m3 in dispersed non-inhibitive muds
- 1-7 kg/m3 to treat mud contamination
- 1-5 to treat mud prior to cement job
Free flowing brown powder
Please refer to the MSDS for specific instructions
TANATIN® mud thinner is packaged in 50lbs (22,7 kg) bags
TANATIN® (tannin mud thinner)
TANATIN_TDS_ENG Size: 418.1 Kb