KLSP® is a versatile tall oil pitch based fluid loss control agent specifically designed to provide superior wellbore stability in adverse bottomhole environment (thermal stability up to 220C). Drilling fluid cost is usually lower due to the versatility of the product: expensive synthetic polymers can be eliminated from the mud formulation.
Thousands of complicated, deep gas wells in Yamal have been successfully drilled using the muds based on this product (overpressured formations with BHT more than 150C and mud weight 2.2SG).
· lowers filtration rate of most types of WBM down to 0 values (both API and HTHP)
· encapsulates shale cuttings with the polymeric film, promotes cutting integrity
· inhibits shale hydration, ensures superior wellbore stability
· forms slick and tight filter cake on the wellbore wall, prevents water from entering the formation matrix
· is used in reservoir-drilling fluids (drill-in fluids), high return permeability is proven by lab and field data
· improves lubricity
· hi temp stability up to 220C
· can be used in monovalent brines
· resistant to contamination
· does not require biocide
1-7 ppb (3-20 kg/m3) depending on the desired fluid loss and inhibition. It is recommended to dissolve the product in water and then add this pre-mix to the active system.
Field test results
Improved wellbore stability, higher drilling rate, lower number of trips, reduced time for backreaming, logging and running casing, quality cement jobs
Dark brown granules
Please refer to the MSDS for specific instructions
KLSP® is packaged in 20 kg bags